Learn to cook the perfect medium rare steak
This is the way Alvis taught me to cook a perfect medium rare steak!
- Ribeye steak
- Dechant Spice seasoning
- Cooking spray
1. Sprinkle spice on both sides of steak and rub it in.
2. Set in fridge and let marinate for as long as you want. I prefer a minimum of 2 days.
3. Take steak out of fridge and let set to room temperature (approx 20 minutes).
4. Warm grill to medium heat (approx 300 – 350 degrees).
5. Spray grill with oil.
6. Place steak on grill.
7. Let cook until you see juices starting to rise to the surface (this will vary depending on thickness of steak, outside temperature and temperature of grill.
8. Flip and let cook until you see juices rise to the surface again.
9. Remove from grill and let steaks sit for a few minutes. This lets the meat finish cooking.
Perfect medium rare steak!
– Do not flip steak over to get rid of juice. Leave juice on the steak – this adds flavour.
– My preferred cut of meat for steak is Ribeye.