It’s that time again! Yup…Burger Time!
You can buy some frozen patties and throw them on the grill OR you can feed your family and friends something a little more special. Why settle for ordinary when you can create something that everyone will rave about. It’s really not that hard. All it takes is a little bit of prep time. This recipe took me about fifteen minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. Believe me, it’s well worth the effort!
Ingredients – Burgers
- One pound of lean ground beef
- Half an onion
- 5 strips of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 2 eggs
- And of course…3 tbsp of Dechant Spice
Ingredients – Sautéed Mushrooms
- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp Dechant Spice
Preparation – Burgers
- Dice the onion fine.
- Slice open the jalapeño, remove the seeds and dice fine.
- Dice the bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, jalapeño, cheese, bacon and Dechant Spice.
- Crack eggs into the bowl.
- Mix it all up and form into patties.
- Preheat grill to 400 F and spray with oil.
- Throw the patties on and start cooking. Size and thickness of the pattie will determine the cooking time. These took me about 10 minutes per side.
- While the patties are grilling, you can prepare the toppings…lettuce, tomato, pickles, avocado OR your favourite topping.
- How about trying some of my sautéed mushrooms
- Slice six large mushrooms.
- Heat frying pan on high and add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Add mushrooms and reduce heat to medium high.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Dechant Spice.
- Salute mushrooms until they start to soften and remove from heat. This will take less than 5 minutes.
Add your favourite garnishes and enjoy!
Get Your Grill On!